Meeting the "Stars"
"Nature never fails to educate and entertain."
Starfishes, actually. These backless sea creatures are star-shaped and lovely, just don't mind the thorns on their head.
They are easy to find, at least based on my experience in this island. They're under the reef, beside the seagrass, next to the urchin, and sometimes alone in a pool of white sand.
Starfishes are amazing - their "Starness" is so perfect, probably more perfect than a real star, haha! They walk really slow, and they have amazing colors! In my favorite island, there are blue, maroon, yellow to golden orange, and the silent gray. They come in different textures too - soft, hard, rough, fine, thorny. Sometimes you feel the urge of hoarding! But - do not be tempted. :) Starfishes are best enjoyed when alive.
I have a favorite. Its color varies - sometimes pale yellow, sometimes sun-kissed orange, sometimes grayed beige. I am thinking this is probably due to sun exposure, the more sunlight, the more colorations. Or maybe because of age - although I am not sure if they get more colored as they grow old. This is my favorite because it's the most common haha.
How about you? Have you ever seen a starfish before? I mean a real one - fresh from the sea. It might be really interesting to see one upclose, and try to flip it. Be amazed. I won't tell you what you'll see beneath - discover it yourself!
Who said "stars" only come from Hollywood?
No comments:
Post a Comment